Windows 10 is quite an advancement over the features of Windows 8.1. However, the updates which you receive is not worthwhile. And this is the main problem that the users face in recent times.
Due to a variety of reasons, your system might not update or the supplied update may get corrupted. Among the chain of errors that you receive following the update, error 0x800705b4 is one such kind, which becomes extremely irritating at times. Each and every issue comes with an effective solution and this above-mentioned error is not an exception to this rule.
Therefore, follow this informative user guide with rapt attention to overcome the Windows update error 0x800705b4 instantly and effectively.
Prominent Errors as per The User’s Report
Windows error 0x800705b4 is really annoying. This is because it hampers the system update. When it comes to errors, there are some serious causes behind this issue.
Windows Server 2016 Update Error 0x800705b4
This irritating issue takes place on Windows Server 2016. If you receive this error, you can fix it easily using any of the solutions which you will in the latter half of this article.
Windows 10 Activation Error 0x800705b4
Most of the users stumble upon this error. It basically prevents them from activating the Windows. This is a serious issue. However, you can fix this easily if you disable the antivirus.
0x800705b4 in Windows 7
This issue can hamper the older version of Windows. But, if you are not a Windows 10 user, you can still apply the fixes to the earlier versions.
How to Fix Error 0x800705b4?
Follow the steps below to know the probable solutions pertaining to the above-mentioned issue.
Fix 1: Resetting Windows Update Components
According to the expert report, this error generally takes place owing to certain corruption in updates. It generally takes place for those users who have upgraded to Windows 10 or 8.1 versions. Instead, they should perform a system install.
The most convenient way to resolve this issue is to reset the update components. For that, you can follow the under-mentioned steps.
- The first and foremost thing is to right-click on Start. After that, you have to open the Command Prompt(Admin) tab.
- You can provide following commands in the command line and press Enter after each one.
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc.
- When you stop the related service, the next step is to erase that specific file.
- Furthermore, enter the following command in the command line and then press Enter.
- Now, you can go ahead with the next command known as cd /d %windir%\system32.
- After that, restart all the BITS files.
- Now, restart Winshock after restarting the BITS files. Then enter netsh Winsock reset command.
- After that, you may require to start up the stopped processes using the commands such as net start bits, net start wuauserv, net start appidsvc, as well as net start cryptsvc. Finally, shut the Command Prompt down and reboot the PC.
After following the above steps, you can easily be able to get rid of the Windows update error 0x800705b4. However, if you still encounter this issue, go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 2: Let your System Undergo the SFC And DISM Scans
As per the user’s report, there might be an issue with the file corruption leading to error 0x800705b4. There are manifold reasons behind certain files getting corrupt. You can easily get away with this if you perform a thorough SFC scan. This fix is actually very simple and you just need to stick to the below-mentioned guidelines:
- In order to begin, you can press the combination of Windows as well as X key in order to open the Win +X menu.
- Now, you have to provision to select Command Prompt (Admin) option. Otherwise, you may use Powershell(Admin).
- Write “sfc/scannow” in the command line.
- Now, you can tap on Enter and execute the process.
- You will find the issue is resolved after a while.
However, the SFC scan doesn’t turn out to be a fruitful one, you can go ahead with the DISM scan. In order to perform that, you can open the Command Prompt as administrator and then use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command.
Once the scan is over, check whether the issue persists.
Fix 3: Examining the Antivirus
There are certain cases where the users stumble upon this error code owing to certain issues with antivirus. Having a good antivirus is very important. However, it can hamper the performance of your PC and thereby puts up this error.
In order to fix this issue, you have to disable certain features of antivirus and examine if it resolves the problem or not. In the worst possible case, you have to remove the antivirus entirely from the PC to fix this annoying issue.
Fix 4: Performing a Soft Restart
The is the best workaround and most of the users can fix this issue if they perform a soft restart. There might be a certain glitch that refrains the update from getting installed. Henceforth, you can resolve this annoying Windows update error 0x800705b4 issue in no time if you perform a simple restart.
In order to do so, you can open the Start menu. After that, you have the option to select the Restart option. When the PC restarts, you can examine to see if the issue is lasting or not.
Fix 5: Modifying Windows Update Settings
To fix this issue, you just need to perform a thorough update of the Windows settings and for that, you can follow the below guideline:
- In order to begin, press the Windows as well as I key in order to open the Settings app.
- After that, move to the Update & Security tab when you find the settings app opens.
- Hover on to the Advanced Option.
- After that, you need to disable the option labeled as Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
- Now, you can reboot your system.
When the PC restarts, you can download the updates all over again and examine whether this exasperating issue still persists.
Fix 6: Performing the CHKDSK Scan
As per the user’s report, the major cause of the Windows update error 0x800705b4 is the file corruption. Therefore, you may try to resolve this issue through a proper chkdsk scan. In order to accomplish this, go through the following steps:
- First of all, you need to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- You can enter chkdsk /f X when the Command Prompt window appears.
- Please ensure that you remove X with the system drive which should be C by default.
- Therefore, you might encounter a message that will ask you to schedule a system scan after the next restart. Then write “Y” and click on Enter in order to confirm the process.
Now, chkdsk scan will start automatically after you reboot the system. Upon completion of the PC scan, you can check whether the Windows update error 0x800705b4 persist.
Fix 7: Performing Clean Installation of Windows 10
If the previous workarounds don’t work, then performing a clean installation can be the best fit for you. To do that, you have to create an installation media and for that follow the below steps.
- Open the Start Menu right at first. After that, press the Power button. Thereafter, you have to hold the Shift key and then select the Restart option.
- Now, select the Troubleshoot option.
- Then, click on Reset this P.C option and then click on Remove everything. Now, you can insert Windows 10 installation media provided that they ask you.
- Furthermore, choose the option termed as Only the drive where Windows is installed. Now, click on Just remove my files.
- Then, you can review the entire list of changes and press the Reset option. Finally, go through the instructions to finish the reset process.
The best possible workarounds are given in this informative content pertaining to the effective fixes of Windows update error 0x800705b4 instantly. If you follow the steps thoroughly, you can surely be able to get away with the afore-mentioned issue.
Moreover, you can refer to the user manual to have a quick glance. If you have any new idea, you can provide that in the comment section.