Windows 10 error code 0xc004f012 typically occurs due to corrupted license repositories which prevent users from activating their Windows. Until and unless you activate Windows 10, you won’t be able to utilize some of its advanced features.
Thus, it becomes a must-do task to activate Windows without waiting much. Unfortunately, these activation errors are not uncommon and tend to happen frequently. But, this article is going to guide you on how to get away this error from resisting your Windows activation.
Apart from corrupt licensing, this error can arise due to corrupted system files which halt the Windows activation process. A recent installation of Windows is difficult to activate due to sudden hardware or software changes.
Various Ways to Resolve Windows 10 error code 0xc004f012 Manually
Here are some of the applicable solutions for you to try out in order to eliminate this error.
Solution 1: Fix the Corrupted System Files
You will need to check whether there are corrupted files in your PC or not. If your system contains corrupted system files, then it is important to repair them without any delay. To carry on this process, you have to use DISM and SFC tools by the following steps:
- Click the Start menu, type ‘cmd’ in the search bar and press ‘Enter’ to search for Command Prompt.
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the search result and choose ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Enter the command, ‘DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth’ on the Command Prompt window.
- After executing the above command, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in a new command line and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Then, wait until the System File Checker tool scans your PC, trace the corrupted files, and fix them.
- After repairing the corrupted system files, restart the system and try to activate Windows 10.
Solution 2: Rebuild Your Tokens
Many users have been to activate their Windows just after rebuilding their tokens. Thus, know how to rebuild your tokens by the steps mentioned underneath:
- First, navigate to the ‘ C:\Windows\System32\SPP\Store\2.0’ directory on your PC.
- Right-click ‘tokens.dat’ file and choose the ‘Rename’ option.
- Then rename the file as ‘tokens.old’ and press the ‘Enter’ key to save the new name.
- Now right-click on the Start menu and Open a Command Prompt window.
- Type ‘net start sppsvc’ into the command line and press ‘Enter’ to execute this command.
- After that, copy and paste the command, ‘cscript.exe slmgr.vbs /rilc’ on the Command Prompt window and hit ‘Enter.’
- Restart the computer and wait until the PC boots up.
- Then, open the Settings app and click the ‘Activation’ menu.
- Select Activation Troubleshooter and let its fix the Windows activation issues.
Solution 3: Activate Windows Through Command Prompt
It is a straightforward way to activate Windows from Command Prompt. Therefore, go through the following steps to activate your Windows by this particular method:
- Open the Command Prompt(Admin) from the Start menu or Cortana search bar if it isn’t available in the context menu.
- Now, enter the product key, ‘slmgr.vbs.ipk <product key>’ on the Command prompt window.
- Then, enter the ‘slmgr.vbs/ato‘ command and wait for its execution.
- In the end, try to activate Windows to ensure that you have fixed the Windows 10 error code 0xc004f012.
Hope, one of the aforesaid solutions is definitely going to work for you and let you fix Windows 10 error code 0xc004f012 successfully. If not, then contact a nearby technical expert to repair your PC. There are many PC repair tools available on the internet, but it’s difficult to find a reliable one. Therefore, it’s a better option to avail a professional support.
Finally, feel free to leave your feedback regarding this article in the comment section below.