Taskbars have their own use in Windows systems. A taskbar allows you to access specific options instantly. However, you can also auto-hide this feature in Windows systems.
A hidden taskbar makes the desktop tidier and the taskbar options will appear only when you hover your mouse pointer to the taskbar area.
However, recently, numerous users have reported that their taskbar won’t hide in full screen even when the auto-hide feature is on. Many have found that notifications from Microsoft Help and Windows Explorer glitches can be the reason behind it.
Sometimes, if the Auto-hide feature of the taskbar is turned off, then you may face this issue on the screen.
Irrespective of its causes, you can easily solve this issue on your own. Here, we are going to explain four useful methods to try when your Windows 10 taskbar is not auto-hiding.
Fixes to Try When Your Windows Taskbar Won’t Hide
Here are five easy and effective methods that can help you when the taskbar is not hiding on your Windows system. Let’s get started.
Method 1 – Enable the Auto-Hide Feature of Taskbar
If the auto-hide feature of the taskbar is disabled then you may find the taskbar won’t hide in full screen. So, you should turn it on. To enable it, follow the directions given below.
- Right-click on the Taskbar and choose the Taskbar settings button.
- When the Taskbar settings window opens, switch on the Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode options to enable this feature.
- After turning it on, check if the taskbar is now hiding.
Method 2 – Restart the Windows File Explorer
One of the most reliable methods to solve this problem on the system is to restart the Windows File Explorer. Follow these steps:
- First, press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons together to launch the Task Manager window.
- From the Task Manager window, click on the More details button.
- After that, find the Windows File Explorer, right-click on it and select the Restart button to start it again.
Now the taskbar should hide.
Method 3 – Check Group Policy Settings
Incorrect Group Policy settings can cause this problem on the system. So, you need to correct the Group Policy settings from the system. To do that, follow the directions as mentioned hereunder:
- First of all, launch the Run window, type gpedit.msc and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- On the Group Policy window, go to the following section: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Now, on the right side of the window, you’ll find options as listed below.
- Lock all taskbar settings
- Turn off all balloon notifications
- Turn off automatic promotion of notification icons to the taskbar
- Turn off feature advertisement balloon notifications
You need to change these settings as needed.
Method 4 – Remove the Third-Party Apps and Software
Sometimes, third-party software can interfere with the PC settings because of which the Taskbar won’t hide. So, you need to remove them. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, launch the Control Panel window.
- On the Control Panel window, go to the Programs and Features sections.
- In the Programs and Features window, locate the third-party application that may cause this problem.
- Select it and then click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Once the process is done, restart the device and then check if the problem still persists or not.
We hope the methods mentioned above will help you when your taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen. Perform the methods accordingly on your computer to fix this problem on your own. You can let us know in the comments how these fixes were of use to you.