We often install several programs on our computers. There are some third-party programs that get installed automatically on the system while browsing the internet. The system might get stuck owing to these applications. It may also affect the performance of the system by slowing down the PC.So, keeping the system clean by uninstalling unwanted programs is one of the most important and common tasks for any computer users. It can help you to free up the disk space of the system as well as access the Start menu. Unaware of how to uninstall programs on Windows 10?
You can go through the section hereunder to uninstall any program without any hassle.
How to Uninstall Apps on Windows 10? [Easy Hacks]
There are several ways to uninstall an app from Windows 10 PC. Here, we are going to describe the most prominent ones. So, you can have a look at the solutions described below:
Way 1: Using the Start Menu
You can uninstall a program easily from the Start menu. Here are the steps you can perform to do this:
- First and foremost, navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, type “add or remove programs” in the search bar and click on the ‘Add or remove programs’ option showing as the search result.
- It will open the list of programs that are installed on your computer. Search for the program from the list by scrolling down the list of options.
- Once you get that, right-click and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option from the resulting context menu.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
Now, the program is uninstalled as expected. If it’s not, then you can move on to the further ways described below.
Way 2: Using Settings Apps
If you are unable to find out the program or app on the Start menu, then you can remove that from the Settings. In order to do that, you can follow the steps given below:
- First of all, navigate to the Start menu and then tap on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon.
- Navigate to the System category.
- Afterward, go to the left pane of the screen and then tap on the ‘Apps & features’ tab.
- Now, find out the app or program that you want to uninstall from the right pane of the screen and select it.
- Tap on the Uninstall button to remove the program from the system.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall button once again from the pop-up menu.
- Complete the further process by following the on-screen prompts.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall the programs or applications from the Control Panel.
Way 3: Using Control Panel
Another workaround that can help you to uninstall a program from the system is to uninstall the program by using the Control Panel. To do that, you can perform the following:
- In the beginning, go to the Start menu and right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Control Panel’ option from the list.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Programs and Features’ category.
Note: If the ‘Programs and Features’ category is not there, then you can navigate to the ‘Uninstall a Program’ section.
- Locate the program and tap on the Uninstall button.
- Next, tap on the Yes button from the pop-up box to confirm the action.
After applying the above 3 ways, if you are still not able to uninstall the program, then you can perform the other hacks described below.
Way 4: Using the Uninstaller that came with the App
Most of the third-party apps come with their own uninstallers. You will find this in the root folder of that particular program. Basically, it is an uninstallation wizard and can be used to uninstall the program. You can perform the below steps:
- First, go to the location of the computer where the app or program is installed.
- Then, find out the executable uninstallation utility. Usually, it is named by ‘uninstall.exe’ or ‘uninstaller.exe’ or something like that.
- Once you get that, click twice on it to run.
- Complete the uninstallation process, by following the on-screen prompts.
After completing the uninstallation process, if you see that the same program is still located on the computer, you can perform the other ways mentioned below.
Way 5: Using Registry Editor
All the programs installed on the system have a significant presence in the registry of the system. So, if you delete that from the registry of the computer, then it will remove that program.
So, if you are unable to uninstall a program by performing the usual methods, then you can remove them from the registry. To do this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Hit the Win key and R simultaneously from the keyboard to open the Run Command box.
- Then, type “regedit” in the input field. Press the Enter key to open the Registry Editor.
- Go to the directory ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE’ from the left pane of the Registry Editor window.
- Now, go to the Microsoft section and click on the Windows option.
- Next, select the CurrentVersion option and then tap on the Uninstall button.
- Find out the sub-key pertaining to the app or program that you wish to uninstall from the left pane of the screen.
- Once you locate that, right-click on it and then tap on the Delete button from the resulting menu.
- Confirm the action by clicking on the Yes button from the pop-up menu.
- Once you delete the sub-key of the target program, exit from the Registry Editor window.
Lastly, restart the system to apply the changes. Now, you can check if the target app or program is uninstalled.
Uninstall the Program by Running the System in Safe Mode
If you are facing problems while uninstalling a program, then it may happen due to the interference of another third-party app. So, you can get rid of such an issue by running the computer in Safe Mode.
It can help you to start the computer with a minimum number of services and apps. Then, you will be able to uninstall an app or program using the conventional methods stated earlier. So, you can follow the below steps to run the system in Safe Mode:
- First, open the Run Command box and type “msconfig” in the Run box.
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to open the System Configuration utility.
- Afterward, navigate to the Boot tab.
- Now, enable the ‘Safe Boot’ option from the Boot options section.
- Tap on the Apply button and then on the OK button.
- Lastly, tap on the Restart button from the pop-up box to restart the system.
Once the system boots up, it will be in Safe Mode. So, you either implement any one of the methods or all the above-described ways to uninstall a target program on Windows 10.