Sometimes, you may need to rotate or flip the screen of the system to view the content without any hassle. The hacks prove to be important when you are using the touch screen on tablet mode.
If you need to view the graphics card from another angle or if you need to adjust an awkwardly-mounted screen, then it becomes necessary to rotate the screen.
Whatever be the case, turning the screen of the computer is quite easy. But, if you are unaware of how to rotate screen of your computer, then go through the below section carefully.
Easy Hacks to Rotate Screen on Windows 10
There are various ways to rotate the screen of your computer. Here, we are about to discuss the easy tricks through which you will be able to rotate the screen. So, you can follow the methods described below:
How to Rotate Screen on Windows 10?
Perform the below methods to rotate the screen of your Windows 10 PC:
Way 1: Using the Shortcut Keys
If you have an Intel graphics adapter, then you can rotate the screen of the system by using the shortcut keys. You can use the combination of the following keys to rotate the screen on Windows 10 PC.
- Use the combination of Ctrl, Alt, and down arrow key to rotate the display upside down.
- Using the combination of Alt, Ctrl, and the right arrow key, you can rotate the display 90 degrees to the right.
- Press the Ctrl, Alt, and the left arrow key simultaneously to rotate the display 90 degrees to the left.
- To flip the screen in the upward direction, you can use the combination of Ctrl, Alt, and upward arrow key.
If these shortcuts not working on your computer, then you can move on to the further ways described below.
Way 2: Using Screen Resolution
You can also rotate the screen from the Display Properties or Screen Resolution window. In order to do this, right-click on an empty space on the desktop screen.
Afterward, choose the ‘Screen Resolution’ option from the list. If the ‘Screen Resolution’ option is missing from the list, you can select the Properties option and then go to the Display tab to get the same page.
Now, click on the drop-down menu of the Orientation option and then choose how you want to rotate the screen. Tap on the Apply button to make the changes.
Note: Make sure to click on the Apply button or less the screen will switch back to the default settings after a few seconds.
Way 3: Using the Graphics Card
The screen rotation process is dependent on the graphic card you are using on your computer. So, you need to know what graphics card you have on the system. Afterward, you will be able to rotate the screen by using the NVIDIA card or AMD/ATI card installed on the system.
To know what graphics card you have, first, open the Run Command box by pressing the R and Windows key simultaneously from the keyboard. Then, type “dxdiag” in the input field and hit the Enter key.
Now, go to the Display tab and there you will be able to see what graphics card is installed on your computer. If you have NVIDIA graphics card installed on the system, perform the steps as follows:
- Right-click on the desktop and then choose the ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ option.
- Now, choose the ‘Rotate display’ option from the left menu under the Display section.
- Next, choose the display that you wish to rotate.
- Afterward, select the orientation that you want to use.
But, if you have the AMD/ATI graphics card installed on your computer, then have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- Right-click on the desktop and then, click on the ‘Catalyst Control Panel’ option from the list.
- Go to the ‘Common Display Tasks’ section and then click on the ‘Rotate Desktop’ option.
- Now, you can perform the steps as we have mentioned for the NVIDIA graphics card.
How to Rotate Screen on Mac OS X?
If you a Mac user, then you can follow the below steps to rotate the screen:
- First of all, go to the Apple menu and then choose the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Now, press the Option and Command key both at the same time from the keyboard and click on the ‘Displays’ option.
- Go to the Rotate menu and then choose the orientation you wish to use.
Hopefully, the above methods will definitely help you to rotate the screen of your computer. If you want to read more about similar topics, you can follow our website regularly.