When you are trying to open an application, you might encounter the error code 0xc000007b on the screen. On encountering this error code, you won’t be able to open the application.
Generally, it occurs after upgrading from a newer version of Windows and something wrong with certain applications or files.
This error code comes with an error message stating that “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”
Also, this error code appears due to several reasons including an older version of the Operating System, a corrupted Microsoft .NET framework application, hardware issues, corrupted system files, etc.
Effective Procedures to Resolve Error Code 0xc000007b:
There are various procedures to fix the error code 0xc000007b on your computer. Below you can see all the possible procedures that might help you to get rid of this error code from the system.
Procedure 1 – Restart the PC
Sometimes, restarting the PC can also help you solve various problems that you have encountered. After restarting the computer, try to open an application and then, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Procedure 2 – Run the Application as an Administrator
When you encounter “The application was unable to start correctly” error message on the device, try running the application as an administrator. Hence, the following instructions will help you:
- Locate the application, right-click on it and then, choose the Properties tab.
- From the Properties window, move to the Compatibility tab and then mark on the box next to the Run this program as an administrator. After that, click on the OK option.
- After doing this, check if the problem is fixed or not. In case it fails to resolve then, try another one.
Procedure 3 – Uninstall the Microsoft .NET Framework and then Install it
The corrupted Microsoft .NET Framework application can also cause this error code on your computer. Therefore, remove this application and then reinstall it again. Here are some steps that we need to perform:
- Hit the Start button and then select the Control Panel option.
- When the Control Panel window opens, navigate to the Programs & Features section.
- Look for the Microsoft .NET Framework application, select it and then click on the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling it, restart the Windows PC and then, try to reinstall it.
- To install it, visit the official website of Microsoft and then download the latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework application and install it after completing the download file.
- Once it is installed, reboot your computer and then, check if this procedure resolves this issue or not.
Procedure 4 – Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages and then Reinstall it
Another effective procedure by which you can try to eradicate the error code 0xc000007b on the device is to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages and then reinstall it. Here’s how to do that:
- Click on the Start icon and then, choose the Control Panel option.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click on the Programs & Features section.
- Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable application, select it and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Once it is uninstalled, reboot your Windows 10 PC and then, install it again.
- Go to the Microsoft website and look for the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages application.
- After finding it, download it by clicking on the Download button.
- Once the file is downloaded, install it correctly.
- After installing it, reboot the computer and then, check if the issue has been eliminated or not.
Procedure 5 – Reinstall the Application
When you encounter this error message on the device, reinstall the application. Sometimes, the corrupted application can definitely result in this error. Therefore, you should uninstall the application and then, install it again and check if the error is resolved or not.
Procedure 6 – Update the Operating System
If you are using an older version of the Operating System then, you can come across the “error code 0xc000007b” on your device. So, you need to update the system by performing these instructions:
- Press the Windows key and I button to open the Settings window.
- Once you are in the Settings window, go to the Update & Security section and then select the Update tab.
- On the right window, click on the Check for updates option to check for available updates.
- If yes, then you will get an option Update, click on it to begin the update process.
- Once the process is completed, the device will automatically restart.
Procedure 7 – Check the Hard Drive
If there is a problem with the hard drive then, you can face this error message on your PC. So, you need to check the hard disk by following these instructions that are cited below:
- Open the Command Prompt window.
- Type chkdsk c: /f /r in the Command Prompt window and then, hit the Enter button.
- Once it is executed, reboot the machine.
Procedure 8 – Perform a Clean Boot
Due to the third-party applications, the error code 0xc000007b might appear on the screen. So, you need to perform a clean boot on the device. To know more about it follow these steps given below:
- Press the Start button and then, click on the Search icon.
- Type System Configuration and then, hit the Enter key.
- Move to the Services tab on the System Configuration window and then, tick on the “Hide all Microsoft services” option. Thereafter, click on the Disable all option.
- Next, navigate to the Startup tab and then, click on the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager window, select the startup items one by one and then click on the Disable button.
- After performing these steps, close the Task Manager window and go back to the System Configuration window.
- Then, click on the Apply option and then Ok button to save it.
Procedure 9 – Update the Device Driver
In order to stop the error code 0xc000007b from occurring, it is necessary to keep the driver up to date. To update it, do the following task:
- Press the Start button and then, choose the Device Manager.
- Look for the device driver with a yellow mark and then right-click on it.
- After that, select the Update Software Driver option to begin the update process.
- After updating the driver, restart your Windows 10 device.